Replacing junk Fifth Wheel tires with new Sailun Tires!

Replacing junk Fifth Wheel tires with new Sailun Tires!

• Roy Williams Reply

I have these exact tires on my 3750FL Montana fifth wheel. I cant sat enough about these tires. This is my third season with them without a hint of issue. Have driven from Florida today to South Carolina in 95 degree temperatures and with my tire pressure monitor system my tire temperatures were actually lower than the pavement temp. These tires are made in China but that isnt a concern of mine. FYI, Had 2 Goodyear blowouts on my camper in the past so do be scared because its made over seas. The only thing i didnt see in this video was if you replaced your tire valves with High Pressure stems rated for the 110 psi rating of this tire. This is a G load tire and most heavy campers come with E loads which have a 80 psi rating. Your stock valve stems are not rated for this pressure. OEM Ford dually steel valve stems work perfect and are a true bolt in steel stem.

April 16, 2018 at 10:16 am
  • Darrell Staton Reply

Just got me a set for my KZ durango 2500 347bhf Fifth WHEEL – thanks for the info

April 16, 2018 at 10:18 am
  • Regulator G Reply

Thanks for the great information! Just had a set of Sailuns installed on my 2014 Bighorn 3585rl. Great beefy tire!

April 16, 2018 at 11:12 am
  • Chad Hertz Reply

Wondering how you are liking these tires now after some time with them? I am putting new tires on our 360IBL… Torn between the Sailuns and the Goodyear Endurance… concerned about the super stiff Sailuns beating up the rig and suspension. Like that the Goodyears can be replaced locally at any discount tire.

April 16, 2018 at 11:44 am
  • Mark H Reply

Have you had any issues out of the rubber valve stems? I had discount install my sailuns on my Coachmen Chaparral 391 after I watched this video last week and they used rubber instead of metal

April 16, 2018 at 12:36 pm
  • justin g Reply

I have a question. The tires I want are g rated and have a 4080 lbs rating. My rims are rated for 3960lbs and rated for the 110 psi. Should I get new rims?

April 16, 2018 at 1:02 pm
  • Quatto Vallor Reply

Wow. I've heard you talk about replacing tires on a new trailer, but never realized how much of a quality difference there was. Thank you for the comparison.

April 16, 2018 at 1:26 pm
  • Bill Pahl Reply

I bought a set of these for my toy hauler.  The tires I am replacing have an 80 psi max and the new ones are 110.  Only buying four leaves me with an 80 psi spare.  Should this be a concern?

April 16, 2018 at 2:14 pm
  • William Klein Reply

I see these on trailers and 5th wheels. Would they work adequately on a motorhome?

April 16, 2018 at 2:47 pm
  • TheKeatons4 Reply

I have the exact same trailer as you, but the Shasta Phoenix version. I just bought it on Saturday. I just ordered new tires for it today, but I went with the 235 85 R16 instead of the 235 80 R16 that come with it. That's almost an inch taller Tire. Do you feel like that's going to be an issue? I use the Andersen ultimate 5th wheel hitch and the nose is just a tad higher than I wish it was. I thought maybe adding an itch in the back would be a little helpful. Plus I went with the auto level and the jacks on the rear ride pretty low. Even bringing it home on Saturday I drug one going through a small incline. Thanks for the information and your videos. Been watching for a long time.

April 16, 2018 at 3:01 pm
  • Kevin Pilotte Reply

Good information. I installed a set of Maxxis M8008 ST tires 2 years ago but I plan on installing the Sailun next time. Two questions come to mind when viewing your video. 1) Why did you inflate them to 110 psi? 2) Did you have them balanced when they mounted them? Something you might want to suggest doing. Thanks and keep up the good videos.

April 16, 2018 at 3:54 pm
  • 94auwing Reply

Any updates on the tires

April 16, 2018 at 4:39 pm
  • Phil Salsbery Reply

Thank you again for this video. I just checked and my new 2018 Montana 5th wheel is coming with these Sailun tires.

April 16, 2018 at 4:56 pm
  • Anthony Cedrone Reply

Hi there big fan and just bought these tires…How do I acquire the TPMS sensors that will work with my 2017 F250 TPMS built in trailer TPMS

April 16, 2018 at 5:12 pm
  • Richard Pointer Reply

Where do you find these, I live in OK. (Tulsa,) have called several tire dealers, NONE carry them.

April 16, 2018 at 5:29 pm
  • JFF T Reply

Thanks for the great video.   I plan on replacing all my Tires on my REDWOOD coming in the spring.  Upgrading to the S637 Sailun 17.5 Tires with new wheels.  The 17.5 Sailuns are 16 ply Tires and capable of 4800 lbs per tire.  The new Aluminum Wheels are capable of 6000 lbs.  So the tires will work very well.  Also the 17.5 tires are 125 psi too.  I am currently running the West Lake 16 tires on my Redwood with about 15000 miles on it.

April 16, 2018 at 6:05 pm
  • Michel Foshee Reply

Our Keystone Fuzion triple axle came with this brand. Never heard of them before. But good to know they are robust and quality. I'm new to towing a 5er and accidentally test side walls in curbs 🙂

April 16, 2018 at 6:57 pm
  • Derek Dyer Reply

I wont to lift my 5thwheel RV, and install larger tires and rims what are the issues with that if any, that you may now of. The wife wont's me to resource more info before going all in on it.

April 16, 2018 at 7:45 pm
  • Big kahuna Reply

Here are the best in the business.https://youtu.be/iJ2hn51wDcI

April 16, 2018 at 7:52 pm
  • Big kahuna Reply

Just remember that any Tire for a trailer has the same rubber compound. Yes the steel structure in side can be very different from Tire to tire. Parking your trailer in mud real pointy uneven rocks and ultraviolet rays will break down the tire. This Tire looks to be a great Quality Tire that will run well down the road but with neglect and abuse it will still break down like any other

April 16, 2018 at 8:24 pm