CrossClimate vs All Season vs Summer vs Winter Tyre Test – TyreReviews

CrossClimate vs All Season vs Summer vs Winter Tyre Test – TyreReviews

• Clive Sinclair Reply

I’ve used Crossclimates for 2yrs in Scotland on a front wheel drive vehicle (summer through to winter). Great tyre and long life. In snow they appeared to have significantly better traction than summer tyres. In January,I took delivery of a new car and fitted Goodyear Vector 4 Season Gen2 tyres (again FWD). Been using them in the heavy snow recently. I can’t confirm the wear rate, but the Vector is definitely better in snow than the CrossClimate. Can’t tell any difference in dry, wet conditions and noise appears to be about the same. Both great tyres, but if snow may be an issue for you, I believe the Goodyear is better.

April 10, 2018 at 10:30 pm
  • TravelTom Reply

Hey, check out my new Michelin Crossclimate test video:

April 10, 2018 at 10:51 pm
  • kellilovski Reply

i have one set of pirelli scorpion ice&snow, well they are winter tires but the speed limit is more then 240km/h, could i run them all year round as the all season tires?

April 10, 2018 at 11:02 pm
  • Leonardo Heizer Reply

I live in Winnipeg – Canada. I sent a email to Michelin regarding crossclimate and unfortunately they said they don’t have plans to sell those tires here. The question is: Why?

April 10, 2018 at 11:52 pm
  • watchtheskies Reply

This has to be the best tyre for the changeable UK weather!

April 11, 2018 at 12:48 am
  • steinert Reply

Good test, well done. Short and precise tested on the point. And i bought the CrossClimate now for BMW 528i touring in Switzerland.

April 11, 2018 at 1:29 am
  • Mika Hakinen Reply

Can you test CrossClimate when the weather is scorching?

April 11, 2018 at 1:52 am
  • Ginger Beer Reply

Tyre Reviews used 4 different cars with 4 different sets of brakes for the braking tests.
    This way you don't know whether the differences in the braking performance are a result of just different tyres or in fact the result of differences in the quality of the brakes.

They should have done the braking tests with the SAME car and the SAME brakes.
    I know it is more work to do it that way, but if you test, you should test properly and without bias.

April 11, 2018 at 2:18 am
  • Atanas Gulev Reply

But the best question is why there has no emergency braking on snow to see how CrossClimate is vs winter tyres?

April 11, 2018 at 2:44 am
  • Goce Kipro Reply

Nice marketing for michelin hahaha

April 11, 2018 at 3:35 am
  • WizRumburak Reply

BMW 320d,
    Primacy 3 X-Green – front,
    CrossClimate – rear;
    Good choice I think! 😉

April 11, 2018 at 4:31 am
  • Evlo Reply

I wonder how winter and summer tires would compare on dry road in about 0C.

April 11, 2018 at 5:08 am
  • Mongoose Reply

I bought it to my Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 JTS (170ps). No more any winter or summer tyres… Now in Poland is alot of snow, temperature near -20°C. Also I used them in summer and autumn. I live in mountains and I can't say nothing bad about Crossclimate. Perfect.

April 11, 2018 at 5:30 am
  • Troy Carter Reply

LAP TIMES ARE CLOSE? LAP TIMES ARE CLOSE ? ARE YOU NUTS ? Only all season and crossclimate are close, the others are on different planets.

April 11, 2018 at 6:23 am
  • freibier Reply

An interesting comparison, especially since for the last few years, we have not had ANY real "winter" here in Germany anymore. I have asked myself lots of times if it would be worth it to go for a tyre which I could simply use all year long, but since summer is getting hotter and hotter every year (not unusual to see near 40 degree Celsius temps for a couple days), I always thought that any "all season" tyre would just be a bad compromise (not good for the few days of snow and also not good for the three to four months of 30+ degrees summer). I agree with the question posted in other comments here – how about a comparison at 35 degrees Celsius? I'd like to see how the CrossClimate performs there.

April 11, 2018 at 7:21 am
  • mario rossi Reply

goodyear is better on the snow, michelin is better on dry road…its impossible to have a tyre whci is teh ebst opn dry wet snow roas.. if it is better on wet road is not so good on dry…. Where are the number ot hte winter test???

April 11, 2018 at 7:42 am
  • Joanna Szajda Reply

Distances on the comparisant picture after breaking is more than car lengt. In numbers we see for example 0,8m (which is a lot of course)… Very short cars you took for a test 🙂 I nearly belived this "test" but seems it is Michelin advertisment.

April 11, 2018 at 8:37 am
  • Essential Wills Reply

looking to buy some for my bmw

April 11, 2018 at 9:28 am
  • Scherz Keks Reply

best option for UK would be the Winter tyre aye ?
    Rains every day in UK.

April 11, 2018 at 9:47 am
  • hekasoram Reply

How is CrossCLimte on +35 C ??

April 11, 2018 at 10:16 am