Tire Rack – Testing Max Performance Summer Tires

LOL!!! Comparing Pilot Super Sports to regular tires.. Ahahah

August 20, 2016 at 8:55 pm
  • Kamika-zz Reply

Prices????

August 20, 2016 at 9:17 pm
  • MR.Sludgy Reply

what about off-road tires?

August 20, 2016 at 10:06 pm
  • LPFan3118 Reply

Hey, where is the Continental SportContact 5?

August 20, 2016 at 10:08 pm
  • yourdad178 Reply

The Michelin Super Pilots are the best tires for your money!!!

August 20, 2016 at 10:13 pm
  • John Bremo Reply

Now that I'm getting the flex fuel e85 kit installed on my stage 3 pro tuned fist, the Michelin pilot super sport tires on light weight wheels was the answer to the big power gain I am going to get.  The stock bridge stones just aren't going to cut it.

August 20, 2016 at 10:56 pm
  • Chuck Molloy Reply

I put a set of the Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position tires on my 2011 MX-5 about the same time I lowered the suspension with H&R Sport Springs (coincidentally, the springs were purchased from Tire Rack) and noticed improvements right away.  Captain Obvious, right?  The S-04 tires have a very direct steering approach, in my opinion, that the O.E. Bridgestone tires did not.  I know some of the changes are due to the new spring set up however, I enjoy the traction and predictability I have with these tires where the O.E. Bridgestones left me wondering how much grip I had left.

August 20, 2016 at 11:19 pm
  • Gavin Sloma Reply

give us some metrics would be nice, numbers help to give the customer some kinda of idea of how they stack up

August 20, 2016 at 11:23 pm
  • rzorNvme Reply

michelin all the way

August 20, 2016 at 11:31 pm
  • Matthew Savoy Reply

I have these tires …. (about 8000) miles on them.
    i LOVE DRIVING IN THE RAIN BUT i also like feeling safe. If you need to speed up and pass someone on a rainy day these tires are the ones u want on your car.

Yesterday I drove from Austin to Port Arthur Texas…….The same rain storm was with me the entire time. I always felt safe. Big puddles of water are always a concern no matter what tire you're riding

August 20, 2016 at 11:33 pm
  • TheBlackdragon936 Reply

I have the PSS on my E46 M3 and I have lost a race yet with them. When it rains in SoCal I'm not worried because these tires are a beast in the wet. I get tons of grip on the launch and corners and the ride quality Is very nice. I'll be doing the hankooks next though only because I'm going negative 4 camber in height and the pss are too expensive to replace every 5 months or so. For the track though I will raise it and put my spare set of PSS on. Hope that helps you all.

August 20, 2016 at 11:44 pm
  • Tire Rack Reply

They would be good assuming they fit your size and driving needs. For specific inquiries you may email ben@tirerack.com

August 21, 2016 at 12:23 am
  • FRonTLinES10064 Reply

Would a Michelin pilot super sport be good for a Mercedes CLK500? I live in southern California

August 21, 2016 at 12:59 am
  • G37SDriver Reply

For my car; 2010 G37S Sedan, the PSS look great, but not worth the extra cash (up to $150 more per set) considering most of us do not drive to 100% of the car's limits. Looks like the S-04s will be my next set.

August 21, 2016 at 1:45 am
  • raserocka1 Reply

I have a 2008 civic so with those same rims and Michelin pss. 225'45'17 on 8.5 inch wide rims. 1.5 inch drop coilovers. Bought from Tirerack. They fit my civic just like stock tires with no rub at all. Hope that helps you out.

August 21, 2016 at 2:23 am
  • BTroxTV Reply

I'm sure each manufacturer makes a size that will fit your civic haha.

August 21, 2016 at 3:12 am