Tire Buying Guide | Consumer Reports

Tire Buying Guide | Consumer Reports

• jmc90213 Reply

Why do I watch these stupid buyers guide by Consumer Reports?.. how about telling us how not to get ripped off at the tire shop?

August 20, 2016 at 7:10 pm
  • Lok Tom Reply

Most of CR'S tire test were not long term real world durability test but rather as in short term test track evaluations for out standing track & road performance. I really regretted of the previous CR's top tire choice of MICHELIN MXV4 with terrible rubber deterioration ( sidewall cracks and dry rots) problems starts in only 2.5 years of real world ownership. COSTCO RETAILER REFUSES it's a tire defect. COSTCO & MICHELIN plays the blame games on me.

August 20, 2016 at 7:27 pm
  • Arnold El Reply

Goodyears eagle F1 275/30/19 for my BMW. It has good performence, but more tire wear

August 20, 2016 at 8:08 pm
  • Mr. Krios Reply

They didn't SHOW each of the tire that performs in the certain ways they tested!!

August 20, 2016 at 8:29 pm
  • rads ter Reply

buy thier subscription they'll you waste of time

August 20, 2016 at 9:15 pm
  • archstanton Reply

Watching this video will be a waste of your time. But what do you want for free? I learned more from reading the viewers' comments.

August 20, 2016 at 9:47 pm
  • Brano Goluža Reply

Very helpful but do I need to buy all these tires and then test them to see which one works?

August 20, 2016 at 10:22 pm
  • Walter K Bauer Reply

I've found the best all around tires, were from all places PEP BOYS. Last set was $160.00 for 4, mounted,balanced,and new valve stems.
    They were 35,000 tires. I sold the truck 130,000 miles later, still looked like the day I bought them.
    Spring,Summer,and Fall, I always ran 50 PSI (Manufacturer recommend 32PSI).
    I lived in Europe, it wasn't uncommon for drivers to run 60/80PSI. There the limit is 3/32TH of an inch, for inspection of any vehicle. When I moved back to the States, I swore big tire chains were selling used European tires.
    Why no tits, little 3/8 of an inch buds, tire manufacturers would use to test rubber compounds.
    Back to PEP BOYS, rain, seat, snow, very high temperatures, never lost traction, mileage was 32% better, all the time.
    Once while hurt and unable to change my oil/filter I went to a Jiffy Lube. WHAT A MISTAKE, I run 0/20 Synthetic Oil. They put in 20/50 Regular and dropped the Air Pressure to 20 psi, all for only $65!
    Before I moved the truck, I red the bill.
    Made them put the oil I wanted in it and fill my tires to my specs, drove out and around the building ran it till the fan came on. Then had them replace everything again. All while I watched.
    My truck got 18 MPGs when I bought it, I doubled that.
    My Scion Xb came to me getting 32MPG, I bumped that up 86MPG, at 75 MPH.
    It's all about the lightest weight Synthetic oil and higher tire pressure.
    I ran Tractor Trailers for 28 years. 5 years in Synthetic oils became available for engine transmission and rears. Immediately up my MPG by 3.2,that doesn't sound like a lot untill you know I ran 120,000 a year.
    This video was useless,tell us at least what was the best all around tire.
    Then I might buy a subscription!

August 20, 2016 at 10:57 pm
  • user 007 Reply

my wallet decides which tyre to buy

August 20, 2016 at 11:04 pm
  • Nixy Gill Reply

So what are the best tyres for each category??? The report doesn't help me???

August 20, 2016 at 11:42 pm
  • Blackops Combat sniper Reply

I'll tell u what tire to buy get the ones that are recommended buy the manufacture simplest answer

August 21, 2016 at 12:21 am
  • Raymond J Reply

the best new tires are the ones you can afford hahaha

August 21, 2016 at 12:58 am
  • Toad Phillips Reply

I was looking for new tires and I came across the reviews for douglas xtra trac II's, Iv'e owned them before and they were complete garbage, but oddly most of the reviews were positive. I guess what my point is don't just go off of reviews when buying tires. Look at the price, ratings and if you can look at the tires before you buy them so you can see what flimsy P.O.S's they are or if they are well built.

August 21, 2016 at 1:50 am
  • ThinkLink TV Reply

what are the best tyre selection for all terain vehicle (buggy)

August 21, 2016 at 2:13 am
  • akat9700 Reply

What the hell do you mean don't buy used not all of us have 800-1000 to drop on new tires.

August 21, 2016 at 2:42 am
  • Quiet Wyatt Reply

I got 50,000 miles out of OEM tires on my new car.  I'm going to stick with the same tires. I can get a set installed for $500, which happens to be 50,000 pennies.  My tires cost 1 cent per mile (for all four not each).

August 21, 2016 at 2:50 am
  • Kyle #Truther Miller #Flat Earth Reply

Graphene tires possible?

August 21, 2016 at 3:09 am
  • Sean S Reply

No… This is not a guide whatsoever.

August 21, 2016 at 3:43 am
  • THE EYE OF GOD Reply

What tire would suffice as an all weather snow tire for a 2016 Corvette Stingray Z06?

August 21, 2016 at 4:11 am