Tire Buying Guide | Consumer Reports

Tire Buying Guide | Consumer Reports

TireTek Premium Tire Pressure Gauge with Integrated Hold Valve - 60PSI

• WORRIED ABOUT CORRECT TIRE PRESSURES? - This heavy duty mechanical tire gauge is calibrated to ANSI B40.1 Grade B (2%) international accuracy standard so you get a precise, accurate pressure reading every time you use it.
  • RECOMMENDED BY MECHANICS - It features a steel and brass construction with an extended 5mm chuck tip, so you get a great seal with no air leakage. This robust and durable precision automotive tool is also surrounded by a rubber cover, so it is protected from drops and is easy to grip.
  • NO BATTERIES REQUIRED - This top-rated, professional tire monitoring system is easy to use and is reliable in all weather conditions. A perfect accessory for your car, motorcycle, truck, bike, SUV, RV or ATV - it will not let you down.
  • EASY TO READ LARGE SCALE DIAL with a 45 degree angled and fully swivelling chuck. Tire pressure too high? Our built in relief valve allows you to press the bleed button whilst the gauge is still on the tire valve, releasing air until you reach the exact target required.
  • SUPERIOR QUALITY ASSURED The perfect gift for men or women, ideal for Fathers Day or Christmas. Buy with confidence today and get our best auto device 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
"The LAST tire pressure gauge that you will EVER need to buy", "finally a dependable, practical tire gauge", "It really IS that good!", "No batteries required so this just works"
Why buy the TireTek TT-GS06-QBR2 Premium Tire Pressure Gauge?LARGER 2" DIAL360 DEGREE SWIVEL CHUCKSOLID STEEL CONSTRUCTIONFREE GEAR-STYLE CASE BOOTINTEGRATED BLEED BUTTONMECHANICAL GAUGE
Benefits of using the TireTek Premium Tire Pressure Gauge:SAVE MONEY ON TIRES - preventing over/under inflation dramatically red
List Price: $ 29.95 Price: $ 12.99

Motorcycle Cover, WDLHQC Waterproof Motorcycle Cover All Weather Outdoor Protection, Oxford Durable & Tear Proof, Precision Fit for 105 inch Motors (XXL,Black)

• SAVE MONEY at the fuel pump and increase gas mileage with this electronic air pressure gauge. Easy to use, handy, light weight, portable tool with convenient one button non slip ergonomic design makes checking tires easier than ever. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you are getting the best miles per gallon available for your vehicle.
  • 4 DIFFERENT SETTINGS. Unit measures in PSI,KG/M2, BAR, and KPA. Calibrated to take quick and accurate readings in 0.5 increments. Lighted indicator, Bright LCD backlight for greatest visibility. Illuminated tip for use in low light. Automatic auto shut off feature. Better accuracy over pencil style and mechanical type gauges. Small design allows for easy storage in your pocket, glove box, center console, or side pocket.
  • RECOMMENDED TO IMPROVE VEHICLE HANDLING AND SAFETY. Check frequently and monitor any fluctuations to protect and extend tire life, prevent a possible blowout, find a flat, or identify a leak.
  • FOR USE ON ALL TYPES OF TIRES that use a standard Schrader valve. Will connect easily to Cars, Trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, or RV tires. Meter will hold pressure reading until user clears the device to ensure maximum convenience.
  • RISK FREE PURCHASE: Buy with confidence and receive a full refund if you are not 100% satisfied. No questions asked!
Size:5 The WDLHQC Motorcycle Waterproof Cover keeps your motorbike in tip-top condition, whether you're keeping it indoors or outdoors.And nbsp;WDLHQC Motorcycle covers come with built-in air vents that allow the moisture to evaporate, preventing the formation of mildew and rust while letting your bike dry even more quickly.Holds firmly in place thanks to samrt designWe used 2 lock holes and 2 windproof buckles to make this cover stay firmly in place even in high winds. Won't slip or flap in the
Price:

• jmc90213 Reply

Why do I watch these stupid buyers guide by Consumer Reports?.. how about telling us how not to get ripped off at the tire shop?

August 20, 2016 at 7:10 pm
  • Lok Tom Reply

Most of CR'S tire test were not long term real world durability test but rather as in short term test track evaluations for out standing track & road performance. I really regretted of the previous CR's top tire choice of MICHELIN MXV4 with terrible rubber deterioration ( sidewall cracks and dry rots) problems starts in only 2.5 years of real world ownership. COSTCO RETAILER REFUSES it's a tire defect. COSTCO & MICHELIN plays the blame games on me.

August 20, 2016 at 7:27 pm
  • Arnold El Reply

Goodyears eagle F1 275/30/19 for my BMW. It has good performence, but more tire wear

August 20, 2016 at 8:08 pm
  • Mr. Krios Reply

They didn't SHOW each of the tire that performs in the certain ways they tested!!

August 20, 2016 at 8:29 pm
  • rads ter Reply

buy thier subscription they'll you waste of time

August 20, 2016 at 9:15 pm
  • archstanton Reply

Watching this video will be a waste of your time. But what do you want for free? I learned more from reading the viewers' comments.

August 20, 2016 at 9:47 pm
  • Brano Goluža Reply

Very helpful but do I need to buy all these tires and then test them to see which one works?

August 20, 2016 at 10:22 pm
  • Walter K Bauer Reply

I've found the best all around tires, were from all places PEP BOYS. Last set was $160.00 for 4, mounted,balanced,and new valve stems.
    They were 35,000 tires. I sold the truck 130,000 miles later, still looked like the day I bought them.
    Spring,Summer,and Fall, I always ran 50 PSI (Manufacturer recommend 32PSI).
    I lived in Europe, it wasn't uncommon for drivers to run 60/80PSI. There the limit is 3/32TH of an inch, for inspection of any vehicle. When I moved back to the States, I swore big tire chains were selling used European tires.
    Why no tits, little 3/8 of an inch buds, tire manufacturers would use to test rubber compounds.
    Back to PEP BOYS, rain, seat, snow, very high temperatures, never lost traction, mileage was 32% better, all the time.
    Once while hurt and unable to change my oil/filter I went to a Jiffy Lube. WHAT A MISTAKE, I run 0/20 Synthetic Oil. They put in 20/50 Regular and dropped the Air Pressure to 20 psi, all for only $65!
    Before I moved the truck, I red the bill.
    Made them put the oil I wanted in it and fill my tires to my specs, drove out and around the building ran it till the fan came on. Then had them replace everything again. All while I watched.
    My truck got 18 MPGs when I bought it, I doubled that.
    My Scion Xb came to me getting 32MPG, I bumped that up 86MPG, at 75 MPH.
    It's all about the lightest weight Synthetic oil and higher tire pressure.
    I ran Tractor Trailers for 28 years. 5 years in Synthetic oils became available for engine transmission and rears. Immediately up my MPG by 3.2,that doesn't sound like a lot untill you know I ran 120,000 a year.
    This video was useless,tell us at least what was the best all around tire.
    Then I might buy a subscription!

August 20, 2016 at 10:57 pm
  • user 007 Reply

my wallet decides which tyre to buy

August 20, 2016 at 11:04 pm
  • Nixy Gill Reply

So what are the best tyres for each category??? The report doesn't help me???

August 20, 2016 at 11:42 pm
  • Blackops Combat sniper Reply

I'll tell u what tire to buy get the ones that are recommended buy the manufacture simplest answer

August 21, 2016 at 12:21 am
  • Raymond J Reply

the best new tires are the ones you can afford hahaha

August 21, 2016 at 12:58 am
  • Toad Phillips Reply

I was looking for new tires and I came across the reviews for douglas xtra trac II's, Iv'e owned them before and they were complete garbage, but oddly most of the reviews were positive. I guess what my point is don't just go off of reviews when buying tires. Look at the price, ratings and if you can look at the tires before you buy them so you can see what flimsy P.O.S's they are or if they are well built.

August 21, 2016 at 1:50 am
  • ThinkLink TV Reply

what are the best tyre selection for all terain vehicle (buggy)

August 21, 2016 at 2:13 am
  • akat9700 Reply

What the hell do you mean don't buy used not all of us have 800-1000 to drop on new tires.

August 21, 2016 at 2:42 am
  • Quiet Wyatt Reply

I got 50,000 miles out of OEM tires on my new car.  I'm going to stick with the same tires. I can get a set installed for $500, which happens to be 50,000 pennies.  My tires cost 1 cent per mile (for all four not each).

August 21, 2016 at 2:50 am
  • Kyle #Truther Miller #Flat Earth Reply

Graphene tires possible?

August 21, 2016 at 3:09 am
  • Sean S Reply

No… This is not a guide whatsoever.

August 21, 2016 at 3:43 am
  • THE EYE OF GOD Reply

What tire would suffice as an all weather snow tire for a 2016 Corvette Stingray Z06?

August 21, 2016 at 4:11 am